Monday, January 13, 2014

Writing more then I thought...

To read Part 1

   So we were talking about my great wife, Jennifer.  She is the one who got me back into regular gaming as a gift for Valentine's Day in 2004.  I don't think she knew that she was getting me back into gaming on a regular night, but you know what they say about the best plans....
  So, if you have never been to a gaming convention, you might wonder what happens there.  Typically you either sign up for specific games, or you walk around the vendor hall and try various games in quick demos.  Playing demos are a good way to get a feel for a game that you are thinking about picking up.  The more demos, the more fun you have.  I found a game called Heroclix, which is a game where you play a team of superheroes battling another group.
 
   If you are thinking that sounds really geeky, you are right.  It was great.

   So Heroclix reminded me of all the comics that I read in the 90s.  Of course I loved comics.  We can talk about that later....first dice....then comics....this could end up being a thing.  Just sayin, I am a Marvel fan boy, much more then DC.  Now back to the game....
   In Heroclix you select a group of heroes to want to fight with.  They have a variety of powers and the interesting part of the game, is that as you are hit or healed, your stats and powers change when you "click" the circle on the base around.  In most cases your stats change for the worse as you take damage, however there are some heroes who get better before they get KOed.  Hulk is a good example of that.  He gets better and better (madder and madder) right up until he passes out. By playing that demo game, I got a free starter box, so I even got free stuff for playing....I am telling you the demos just keep getting better and better.  I had such a good time playing Heroclix that once I got home I started looking around the website to find a store in the area where I could play.
   I found a store in the Toledo area where I could meet some new friends and try to play more of a game I enjoyed....

  So I wasn't expecting to create another blog post this soon.  I figured that with a once a week post schedule was as about as aggressive as I was going to get.  Then I posted about this blog on facebook.  Well lets just say I can understand why people do this.  Almost immediately after posted, a few of my friends began asking question about my gaming past, and more people looked then I ever thought would be interested in hearing me talk about anything.  It was both flattering and exciting and made me want to post more.  I am still planning on a once a week schedule, but I am going to ride the tide of excitement and see where it leads. 

   Talk to you again soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment