Saturday, January 25, 2014

Mr. Moralez

   This is going to be a tough one.  I knew that once I started talking about the Olde World Warriors and Blood Bowl that I would be talking about Marc.  We lost Marc in September of 2013.  I had to go back to Facebook to double check when it was, it seems like it was forever ago, and yesterday that it all happened.  I have known Marc for about 4-5 year before he passed.  He worked at Lourdes College lighting shows performed there.  Marc always had a great opinion about music, theater, and movies.  He could look at them all both as performances and with an eye to the technical side of it as well because of his schooling and job.  The number of times even outside of gaming when we would just sit and chat about anything are always some of my fondest memories of him.  We would spend a few hours of relaxing and chatting about everything and nothing around The Game Room.  Some of the best nights up at the game room started and ended with that.
   Marc was always a lot of fun to game with and he had one of the best gaming rules around.  He would be trying out a new game, and if Marc won, which happened more often then you would think, he would then claim that he would never play that game again, to keep his 100% win record.  There were occasions when he didn't care for the game that he would keep that rule, but much more often he would be playing again the next time that game came up.
   Marc always enjoyed Blood Bowl, bringing us back to our last discussion, and played a team called Amazons.  They are a good team in general, as they have a skill that makes it very hard to hit them, and makes it hard to stop them from moving.  It is called dodge and it is one of the better skills in the game.  Every Amazon as dodge.  After that, or maybe equivalent is the block skill.  With that skill any time the dice are rolled if the "block" result comes up, instead of both players falling down, the attacking player falls down.  When Marc was playing Amazons, he would work toward getting everyone with dodge, to have block.  After each game he could usually improve one player, which means he would get a character who was very difficult to hit, to stop, and was good at hitting you too.  They were still easy to drop IF you could hit them and Marc would complain about that weakness forever.  He would also talk about how many games it would take for the team to become "good".  It was to much fun to play against him.  Bitching the whole time.  I have a picture or two of the team of girls that he played with.  All nuns in bikinis.


   God I miss him. 

   As usual this just scratches the surface of both the games I am playing and the friends I have.  The one big advantage I have is that I can just keep posting and sharing all the stories of the people I love.  The more games we played, the more talking we did, the more bitching we still do, all adds up to some of the best times I have.
   As time goes on I will get to talk more about the games we played and the people I played with and the stories will just be more and more fun to talk about.  I am including a link to Marc's obituary just as a reminder, Marc Moralez.  I know he will keep coming up, because he was an important part of my life both within gaming and without.

  More stories to come.....

No comments:

Post a Comment