Tuesday, January 21, 2014

So now lets talk a little bit about the blogging stuff......

   I have been writing the blog for about a  week now.....8 days really, and I expected to have 2 posts.  Instead I am working on post number 6.  No one is more surprised then I am.  Part of the reason this has happened is because I am riding on the excitement of my first posts.  I have had friends who I never expected to even look at any posts make actual comments (on facebook).  It is practically an instant celebrity feeling and so I posted more.  However, that is not the reason I keep posting. 
   I have found that every time I post, I get started with a topic and get to about the length I want to post, and I have not said even close to what I want to say.  It isn't that what I am posting is not true or how I feel, it is just not complete.  For instant, in my last post, I discussed why I enjoy Malifaux and I brought up two or three little points.  It is just not enough for this game to say the least. 
   I started this blog (referenced in lots of history) because of work, and some days another coworker and I end up discussing his blog (Steve's Travel Blog), blogging in general, and what we can do to improve our blogs.  One of the things we talked about was how much should go into a blog post.  I try to keep my blog posts down to about a page of text.  My friend Steve says you have about 1,000 words before you lose the average reader.  Because of that I am going to TRY to limit myself to a single idea for each post.  I hope that it will make it much easier to get my full point across without feeling like I have to stop every time I get talking.
   I hope you are enjoying these posts.  I was going to say something about not really caring what you thought, because these posts are for me, but the more I think about it, I do care.  I hope that you enjoy what you are reading and by thinking about the people reading this, I try and make it better.  At the end of the day, that is what we all want, something interesting to read about something new. 
   I will keep what feels like almost a daily schedule, but try to keep it to a interesting small post about one thing.  Of course, small post is about 1,000 words right?
  

1 comment: